Plus size women have always had a hard time fitting in the standards of the fashion world. From the red carpet to magazine covers, thin bodies are portrayed as perfect and normal while full-figured women are made to believe they can’t wear fashionable clothes. However, that’s far from the truth.
Things are changing gradually. An increasing number of women are now aware of the fact that they can wear anything they like irrespective of their body size. Thanks to this, the fashion industry is finally catching up and making an effort to design fashion for all body types. Read on to know about styles that would look great on plus size women and some tips on how to style them.
Never mind the fashion police, we think that plus size women look great in a well-fitted bodycon dress. A bodycon dress is a body-hugging one-piece dress, often ideal for wearing to informal occasions such as parties or date nights.
Here is how you can pull off the bodycon dress look as a plus size woman:
- If you are conscious of your waist area, you can cover it by using a slimming belt under your dress.
- Layering up your bodycon dress with a scarf or jacket is a great way to create a more balanced look.
- A black bodycon dress looks great on everyone, but it might suit plus size women particularly well as it has a slimming effect.
- Pick a dress with the best quality fabric to ensure that the dress does not give the appearance of extra bulges.
Plus size women need to realise that they can carry off off-shoulder tops just as well as anyone if styled right, it can be your go-to look for most occasions.
- A ruffled off-shoulder top can look great if paired with a high waist midi skirt. It will create an illusion of an hourglass figure for the perfect appearance.
- For an effortlessly stunning look, you can wear an oversized off-shoulder dress along with thigh-high boots.
- A floral off-shoulder top paired with a flowy skirt will create a pretty and casual look. This outfit is perfect for a brunch with friends or a casual day at the park.
The name does not imply that these jeans are designed only for skinny women. Plus size women can look just as stunning in skin-fit jeans. All you have to do is find the perfect fitting, and style it in a way that it flaunts your curves.
- Pick a dark wash skinny pair if you want to look slimmer.
- Choose jeans that have a bit of stretch as they tend to be of better quality and are also comfortable for plus size women.
- Pair a loose tunic with your skinny jeans for a comfortable everyday look.
Remember that confidence plays a big role, no matter the outfit you wear. You can wear anything you like as long as you feel good in it. Choose from a variety of designs and styles for plus size women from Shoppers Stop’s latest collection. You can buy crop tops, jackets, shorts, jeans, dresses for all sizes from Shoppers Stop online and in-store collections. For more on plus size fashion, you can read our blog on 5 Plus-Size Accessorising Hacks For Women.
Click here to