You might have experienced those days when you don’t feel like stepping out in the heat for a trip to the parlour. On days like these, when changing out of your pyjamas seems like a lot of effort, you can do a DIY spa day at home!
You can pamper yourself with basic home spa essentials that can be found at any time in your kitchen. Are you unsure of how to do a spa treatment at home? A mix of grandma’s secrets and tested DIY home spa hacks will help you indulge in some self-love.
For The Face
Aroma and ambience is everything. Before you get started, set the mood with scented candles, a warm tub of water, soft towels, dim lights, and a basket full of home spa essentials. Begin by pampering your face.
• Take a bowl of warm water and a soft towel. Dampen it and let it sit on your face for 5-10 minutes to help open pores. Wipe off excess oil and makeup if you have any.
• A DIY home spa can include natural, organic ingredients found in your pantry. Whip up a gentle face scrub using virgin or regular coconut oil with sugar. Massage the mixture softly for 60 seconds on your face. The coarse sugar granules buff off any dead skin, and the oil adds lustre to the face. Wash it off with warm water.
• Make a DIY home spa face mask. In a bowl mix aloe vera gel, fresh yoghurt and honey for glowing blemish free skin. To get clean, supple skin you can also add simple kitchen ingredients like turmeric powder or lemon juice. Slather it on for 15 minutes and listen to relaxing music as the pack does its magic. Wash it off with lukewarm water and see an instant glow on your face.
For The Body
Wondering how to do a spa treatment at home? Don’t worry; it’s a breeze to look and feel great with nothing but basic home spa essentials. With your face receiving the royal treatment, why should your body be left out? A DIY home spa can result in full-body pampering with a bunch of simple ingredients.
Use a washing-exfoliating-cleansing-moisturising method to refresh your mind and renew your body at the comfort of your home.
• Wash your body with warm water and use a homemade body scrub to exfoliate dry skin and tan.
• Make your pack using 2 tbsp of ground coffee and raw sugar, add 1 tbsp of hydrating coconut and olive oil along with 1 tbsp of calming sea salt, which is optional. Gently scrub the mixture over your body, especially on your hands, elbows, and knees to remove tan. Let the paste sit for 10 minutes.
• Hop into a warm shower or a bathtub with a few drops of lavender essential oil. Play soothing music as you indulge in a relaxing bath washing away all the impurities.
• As you step out of the bath, lather on a creamy moisturiser with shea butter, cocoa butter or argan oil to lock in the moisture. Slowly massage it all over for supple and blemish-free skin.
Your DIY home spa can also include a nourishing hair oil massage that will improve blood circulation to the scalp and reduce hair fall. While your face and body masks are being infused into the skin, blend a quick leave in conditioner for smooth, frizz-free locks.
If making your own beauty recipes seems tedious, you can buy a ready-to-use DIY home spa kit for quick parlour sessions at home anytime!
You can shop for all your home spa essentials at Shopper’s Stop’s online and retail store anytime and from anywhere.
Click here to