Nail painting has evolved from merely painting your nails with the season’s new nail polish colours into a thriving industry of full-fledged nail salons and artists. The rise of these nail art designs and nail polish ideas have given women the opportunity to make a style statement with their fingertips as well.
Today, it is possible to achieve designer nails with easy nail design techniques. From bubble gum stripes to holographic glitter polish, here’s a list of trendy DIY nail art ideas you can experiment with, without burning a hole in your pocket.
Colour-blocking is one of the easy nail designs that involves painting different geometric shapes onto your nails by combining complimentary hues. For this, pair bright and subtle tones from new nail polish colours.
- Apply a clear base coat.
- Paint all the nails with the lighter colour and let the paint dry completely.
- Cut tape into small triangles and place one triangle on each nail. Ensure the tape is firmly in place.
- Apply the next colour over these triangles; go for double coats if needed, but make sure the first coat is dry before applying the second.
- Once the nail polish dries, gently remove the tape and apply a clear top coat.
This DIY nail art looks sporty and is perfect for casual get-togethers with friends. They are easy to achieve, and you can experiment with this style by using different colours and designs.
Embellished Crystal Nails
Accentuating the nails with crystals, pearls, beads, and embellished stones isn’t just stylish, but also a lot of fun. There are numerous easy nail designs that you can create with crystal embellishments. These designs can be the perfect accessory for teaming with sophisticated and trendy outfits for weddings and social events.
- Apply a base coat, followed by the base nail colour you want.
- Once the polish has dried, take a stick and dab a bit of basecoat on it, pick a rhinestone and place it directly on the nail.
- Put as many stones or other embellishments to further enhance your nails by repeating the same process.
- Apply a top coat to secure all the embellishments in place.
Floral Nail Art
Summer is here in full swing, and it’s time to wear floral shades and designs; yes, even on your nails! Brighten up any dull day with this funky, colourful DIY nail art design and wear it to brunch or a shopping trip to the mall. Here’s how to do it:
- Apply two coats of white nail paint over fresh nails.
- Use a thin paint brush, dip it the colour of your choice and create small floral designs.
- Use another colour and repeat the same around the previous flowers.
- Finish with a top coat.
Glitter Nail Art
This DIY nail art is all about glamour! Use bright colours or nude tones against some shimmery glitter polish to achieve an easy nail design that is modern and futuristic. Glitter nails are an excellent choice for parties and offer a holographic effect around your nails.
- Apply two coats of brown or dusty pink nail paint and let it dry completely.
- Place tape diagonally across each nail to divide it diagonally.
- Paint one side with a glitter nail polish.
- Gently remove the tape once the glitter nail paint dries and apply a thin top coat of clear nail paint.
The classic French manicure is an evergreen style, but now, it gets an upgrade thanks to the rise of trendy nail polish ideas. Experimenting with metallic tips, rainbow patterns, and everything in between has brought about a style of French manicure has been reinvented and how. This classy style is versatile and suits every occasion, from a day at work to a lawn party. Here’s how to get the look.
- Soak your hands in warm water and remove all dirt from underneath the nails for clean cuticles.
- Buff your nails well and smoothen them for a coat of clear base.
- Once the base is dry, apply guides or de-glued tape on your nails.
- Paint the tips of the nails with a white nail colour. Apply two coats if needed and let it dry.
- You can either finish with a top coat or use some glitter polish to enhance your French manicure.
If you loved these easy nail designs, try them out at home to spruce up any ensemble for any ocassion! Get your hands on a range of nail polishes and nail art kits, online and in-stores, at Shoppers Stop.
Click here to