Who doesn’t desire perfect skin, free of dark circles, dullness, and annoying scars from our teenage past? With increasing pollution, sudden weather changes, and stress, achieving this could seem like a challenging feat.But, if you use the right skin care techniques, it is possible to have healthy and glowing skin in no time.
Let’s start with the two most important skin care basics – never pop your pimples and choose a skin care routine that is quick and easy to follow.
Coming up with a good skin care routine that is specifically tailored to your skin type requires patience. You have to try different products and methods to figure out the best skin care for oily skin, skin care for dry skin and combination skin.
Fret not, we make that easier with the ultimate regime for all skin types.
Skin Care for Oily Skin
This skin type tends to be more acne-prone than any other because of its open pores which are easily exposed to clogging. This leads to the formation of whiteheads and blackheads. The following skin care for oily skin includes some of the best skin care products for oily skin:
- Wash, cleanse and moisturise- Often, people think that oily skin must be cleaned as many times as possible. Over-washing will strip your skin of its natural oils. So, stick to cleansing only twice a day- once in the morning and once at night. Having oily skin doesn’t mean you can skip out on the moisturiser. It is, in fact, an essential part of skin care for oily skin. The trick is in finding the right one for your skin type.
- Exfoliate twice or thrice a week- Exfoliating face masks are the best skin care products for oily skin. This helps to get rid of the dirt accumulated in your pores without being too harsh on your skin.
- Use blotting papers- Oily skin produces excess oil, leaving a dull, shiny coat. Use tissues or wet wipes to blot away the excess oil to prevent pimples and whiteheads. Blotting papers can work wonders too and are among some of the best skin care products for oily skin.
Skin Care for Dry Skin
Dry skin can often feel itchy and uncomfortable. Your face may constantly feel dehydrated and flaky. People with dry skin need to choose a regime keeping hydration in mind, and the following skin care for dry skin can work wonders:
- Cleansing, toning and moisturising- This skin care technique is essential for your skin care routine if you want to get rid of your flakiness and irritation. Use a mild cleanser to wash your face, and follow it with a hydrating moisturiser. Gel-based or water-based moisturisers are some of the best face creams for dry skin.
- Hydrate your under-eyes- Under-eye creams hydrate the skin under your eyes. Some of the best face creams for dry skin can also soothe and brighten up the skin under your eyes. You can even use natural skin-care treatments around the eyes for a fresh look.
- Moisturising sheet masks- A face mask is an essential part of your skin care technique and can deliver a surge of moisture to dry skin, eliminating fine lines and dehydration. Follow up the cleansing routine with toning the face with a revitalising toner and then applying the sheet mask. These can take your skin care for dry skin up a notch up by giving your skin a hydration boost.
Skin Care for Combination Skin
When parts of your face feel dry and other parts are oily, you have combination skin. Handling this skin type can be tricky as it has the properties of both dry and oily skin. This can make combination skin quite sensitive.
- Use a mild cleanser- You can use gentle face washes and cleansers that are fragrance-free. This will avoid irritation to the skin while keeping your oil production under control.
- Use oils- You can dab some essential oil like lavender, rosehip or lemongrass oil to your skin. They contain antioxidants and vitamins that will add hydration to your skin.
- Facial spray- These come in handy whenever your skin feels too tight and itchy. Just a spritz of some rose water or lavender water can instantly revive the skin.
The above skin care routine is a guide that is tailor-fit for everyone, including sensitive skin. It is quick and easy, so you don’t have to spend hours on it. An important part of all skincare regime is to always keep your hands off your face and to never skip out on sunscreen.
These skin care techniques will not only reduce acne and dark patches but will also boost skin hydration. Get your skincare essentials online from our latest collection of beauty and skincare products from the best organic and international brands from Shoppers Stop.
Click here to